My AR 15 usually resides beside my bed. This morning early, I headed out on a beer run, since I usually sleep during the afternoon and stay awake most of the night, communicating with friends worldwide, many in India and Africa. It's now the middle of my day.
Decided to take the little carbine with me, so I picked it up, checked the safety and other installed equipment, safety On of course. That was the very first thing I did was check safety on Safe, as they have snuck in here while I was asleep several times in the past, and moved it to Fire. They have been pulling that stunt for over five years with several weapons.
Then I partially withdrew the bolt to check the load. I usually keep one chambered. You never know.
And surprise, surprise! The chamber was empty and the bolt had been partially jammed so as not to feed another round off the magazine stack if needed.
I cleared it thoroughly and discovered a round jammed at the bottom of the feed ramp, which round would not feed when I cycled the bolt. I certainly didn't put it there. So I partially disassembled the weapon, cleared the jammed round and reloaded the weapon, cycling several rounds from the magazine through it to ensure a smooth firing sequence, should the need arise.
This only exemplifies their stupidity. They know that I am a small arms expert and I always check my weapons before venturing out. If a weapon won't fire, it's just another hunk of steel and plastic. They should know better by now, but, as Einstein is purported to have said, "The definition of insanity is repeating the same behavior and expecting a different result."
By that definition, they are insane.
Not to mention stupid, of course.
One may never allow himself to become careless or negligent, particularly where weapons are concerned. They're stupid, but persistent.
I suppose they figure that if they kick a dead cow enough times, it will eventually get up and walk away.
Mainly, it just farts noxious gas...
No comments:
Post a Comment