Tuesday, October 18, 2016

They've targeted my car.  It's a '99 Infinite QX4 in terrible shape, but I'm bringing it back, with a little help from my friends.

Today, I was heading into town.  The car sits in the parking lot on a level spot of the steep hill behind my house.  When my dog and I walked up the hill to the car and I stuck my coded key into the door lock, the car alarm immediately sounded.  I screwed around with it for about 45 seconds and shut it down.

So we drove ten miles into town and I stopped at the pharmacy to get some supplies.  When I walked out and looked around, there was a guy in his late 20's wearing a short beard standing off to my left, drinking something out of a plastic cup and staring into space.  So I stopped and watched him. He was obviously a local because he was wearing a T shirt and dark pants, and it was a bit chilly for this old dog from Florida.  I watched him for about a minute, thinking seriously about strolling over to him and ramming my blade into his right kidney, but I just wasn't certain.

So I walked back to the car, having previously stopped for a few minutes at the grocery store.

When I reentered the car in the grocery store's parking lot, no alarm.  This time at the pharmacy, the alarm sounded again.  I had it down by then and immediately shut it off with the key, then unlocked it again.  No alarm.  When I looked back to my left, the kid was gone.  That was his good luck.  Otherwise, he would now be very dead, lying on a morgue slab.

BTW, I had the engine checked and they had not damaged it.  At least, not apparently. Time will tell.

Stalk me and die!

The beat goes on.

Never quit.

Never, ever quit!

No comments: