Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Morning.  A cup of coffee, a cigar, and that feeling of hopelessness that all TI's feel.  One day is much like the others.

It is difficult to maintain a positive attitude when we are always confronted by implacable enemies using weapons of mass destruction against us, subterfuge, and treachery.

It is often difficult to continue to believe in God, but my faith in Him will never waiver.

God isn't in the instant gratification business.  Many question His existence.  I never have since the early 70's when I had a miraculous occurrence happen to me and felt love that is unexplainable by my extensive vocabulary.  All I know for certain that there is a love that passes all human understanding.  That was a long time ago.  Yet, it is as fresh in my mind as if it happened last night.  I long to experience it again, but I guess it is one to a customer.

I am totally alone, as are many of us.  That is one of the enemy's goals, to isolate us from as much human contact as possible.  Every time I try to make a new friend, he turns out to be an agent provocateur who tries to entrap me into some sort of felonious conspiracy.  It does got old.  Which, of course, means I can't trust anyone.

But I keep slogging way, no future but more of the same.

I often hark back to that slogan of the Navy's SEAL teams...the only easy day was yesterday.

So I never quit.  I press on in the face of insurmountable odds.

Why?

Because that is the way I'm wired.  I refuse to commit suicide, I refuse to curl up in a ball in the corner and weep. I refuse to commit violence against innocents.

Never quit.

Never, ever quit.

No comments: