Thursday, April 17, 2014

Last night I made a mistake.  I severed my friendship with Stalked In Oklahoma.  I could no longer deal with the levels of torment that she is suffering.  I am only a man, an old man, and very tired of this war I've been engaged in for well over thirty years.  I worry myself sick about her, trapped as she is among psychopaths who torture her endlessly.  I hit an emotional breaking point and told her I could no longer bear to hear the stories of her torment, so I severed the relationship.

Today, I am filled with regret.  She is retaliating by cutting off all contacts through social media and her blog, and I can't blame her.  As is said in the Christian Bible, "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned."

I have attempted to apologise.  I have been unsuccessful.

So I am offering a public apology here.

I will always love you, V.  You must understand that you are not the only one who feels agony.  Last night, I could bear it no longer, so I snapped. We all have our breaking points.  Last night, I reached mine.

What is done is done.  I hope that she will reconsider.  If she does not, we are both the worse off for it.

It will be an empty world without her.

2 comments:

Stalked in Oklahoma said...

Friends don't sell each other out, they don't turn their backs on each other and if they need a little space we graciously give it. Even Our Lord Jesus, was overcome by the people with leprosy. NO ONE can handle a constant diet of pain. So here's one for you baby, a friend loves you. Always and forever. No harm done, I'm always on your side.

Apocalypto said...

Thanks. No one can wear iron armor 100% of the time. It gets very heavy.