"Shooting is a frangible skill."
Capt. Richard Marcinko, USN, (Ret.), CO of the original SEAL Team Six.
I proved that to be correct yesterday. Hadn't been to the range in six months with my rifles. My groups have opened up a bit and I am not quite as comfortable on the rifle as I should be. Expert shooting requires the shooter to access the Zone.
Gonna work on that, soon, particularly given the current economic and political situations. For all practical purposes, I'm 70 years old. I've never seen anything like what's going on right now. Even during the 60's people weren't arming themselves, buying guns by the car load. Hell, you can only shoot one at a time...
It's scary, going to the range on a Sunday. The pistol side is packed. By 11:00 AM, there's a waiting line for the seven, fifteen and 25 yard posts. Half of the shooters, at least, couldn't hit a bull in the ass with a bass fiddle, much less a handgun. Some of these people are a danger unto themselves. Scary.
No comments:
Post a Comment