Wednesday, March 13, 2013

It's too quiet.

You've heard of the calm before the storm?  I survived hurricane Andrew that hit Homestead, Florida and surrounding areas in August, 1992.  175 mph steady state winds, with gusts to 200.  The day before was beautiful.  The day after...well, I won't bore you with the details, but if you've ever wondered what total devastation looks like, the day after Andrew passed defines it.  We barely escaped with our lives.  I lost my home and almost everything I owned in two hours.

Whatever the case, they've pulled back.  Instead of making me relax,  I now carry two weapons wherever I go and am on full alert. Two weapons saves a mandatory reload.  So I expect the other shoe to drop any day, but I'm not losing any sleep over it.

Fucking bring it on.

When you do not fear your own death and others fear their own, you become invincible.

No comments: