Monday, March 10, 2014

I have spent my life in search of danger.  I am a retired pilot with around 20,000 hours aloft, flying both light and heavy aircraft.  I have almost a thousand skydives.  I was a cave diver in the early days.  I have flown the African bush into hot war zones to deliver food to the starving, occasionally drawing fire. I am an accomplished blue-water sailor. I have touched down on all seven continents, almost a hundred countries, and crossed myriad oceans and seas multiple times.  I was once a smuggler flying loads out of Colombia and working among some of the most ruthless killers there are. And I never traveled armed. I have teased death all my life, lived through several very narrow escapes, and I'm still standing. I thrive in dangerous environments.

If you want to be truly free, lose your fear of death.  I did many years ago.  Death is an old companion of mine, almost an old friend, who has taken so many of my friends and relatives.  I am still standing.  I don't know why, if there is a why, but if you want to be truly free of these psychopaths, accept death.  Embrace her.  Cultivate her.  You know she's going to get you sooner or later.  Nobody gets out of here alive.

I would rather take a bullet or two than die in a cancer ward or lose my power of thought to Alzheimer's Disease, so shoot me, fucktards.  I could care less.

Once you embrace death, you are truly free and they cannot terrify you any longer.  I have accomplished that, so bring it on, motherfuckers.  I will try to ensure that I don't do all the bleeding.

No comments: