Saturday, July 7, 2012

Looks like that old Muse tune got more hits than any other post I've made.  I just did it for laughs, although it is quite catchy.

I left South Florida six years ago for this small central Florida town.  Worst mistake I ever made.  I grew up in a small town but left for military school when I was 13 and then joined the Army at 17.  Now I remember why I headed for Miami when I got discharged from the Army.  This place would bore the balls off a brass monkey.  Obesity and gossip.  And, of course, a frigging Walmart, where the show never ends.  And that is all there is to this place.

Usta do a lot of shooting.The public range has been closed for two months and I have pretty well lost interest anyway.  Rifles are just gathering dust in the safe now.  Been shooting since I was a kid.  It's a martial art.  It requires top notch training, intense concentration and kinesthesia to do well.  Like a language, if you don't use it, you lose it.  But I really don't care much about it anymore since I finally gave up hunting.

I guess aging and constant harassment are affecting me.  I flew airplanes all over the world for 36 years.  Did a lot of work in Africa, Europe, South and Central America, the States, and Southeast Asia.  That's gone now.  Burned out finally.  Those trans-Atlantics and trans-Pacs got old after  while.  But not as old as this little red neck town is getting...

I'm not done yet.

No comments: