Sunday, September 30, 2012

         To The Enemy


Blasted awake at midnight EDT.  Under constant attack.

Thieves, stalkers, torturers, psychotic thugs, mercenaries.

I don't seek pity.  Just a place for self-expression, and that place is here.

I'm sure some of what I write infuriates the scum.  Tough shit.  I, also, am infuriated by your completely illegal and inhumane outrages you commit on my body daily, and also upon my mind.

I do not fear you, as I do not fear death.

I am approaching 70.  It's been a long, hard road, punctuated with periods of absolute exhilaration and total bliss.

So what will be will be.  In fifty years, it won't matter to any of those alive, neither friends nor enemies, because we will all have passed into the ephemeral cloud of the past, unnoticed, unremarked, and unmourned.

So be it.  It is the way of the world and what we do here, you scum that read this, and me who refuses to surrender to you, will be gone.  It's unimportant.

I know my place in the scheme of things.  You should take a very hard look at yours.

2 comments:

lifevorce said...

But everything we do matters--and bears fruit-even unto eternity; like the butterfly effect. I like to call it the ripple effect. Sound waves keep traveling thru space indefinitely.
There's a spiritual principle there.

Apocalypto said...

Sound waves only travel in the atmosphere and as it thins out at higher altitudes, the speed of sound changes commensurately. Sound cannot travel in a vacuum, so it does not travel through space.

Radio waves, however, do, but several factors regulate the distance and manner in which they travel.