Sunday, August 5, 2012

I recently had a guy contact me on a professional network I joined several years ago. Hadn't heard from him in over a year. Had basically forgotten about him. Remember what I wrote about people from the past suddenly popping back into your life?

Well, I had met this guy on a political forum. We later both got banned at separate times because the Arab who owns the forum had one of his lapdogs moderating it and he didn't like our views.  No matter.

Anyway, we conversed occasionally by phone.  During one of our last conversations, he announced, out of the blue, that he is a white supremacist.  This set off big, loud alarm bells.  I don't agree with neo-Nazis, the KKK, or any other white supremacists.  I really don't want anything to do with this guy, but here he was, inviting me to connect.  Against my better judgement, I did.  But a couple of days later, I sent him a message that I really had nothing to talk about with him.

I have no idea what his motivations were in re-contacting me.  And I don't care.  But that sort of activity has always signified trouble in the past.  Once bitten, twice shy.  C-ya, Mr. White Supremacist.  Have a nice life.

No comments: