Saturday, August 18, 2012

I have always been proficient with firearms.  Grew up shooting.  But I absolutely hate having to carry one.  It's a bothersome hunk of iron that rides on my hip. I have to dress around it in order to conceal it, which is required by state law.  No open carry in Florida.  It provides some security, but it is also a potential liability.

I hate having to carry one.  But that is the nature of things in this country now.  2 million times a year, personal firearms are used to prevent a crime in this country.  That is an impressive statistic. It is undeniable.  That is the story the gun-banning politicians and bureaucrats don't want you to know, and their minions in the mainstream press never tell you about.

And, when you grow old as I am growing old, the young wolves sense your vulnerability. They are arrogant in their youth.  They live under the illusion that they are impregnable.  They are fools.

So a gun is as necessary to carry as your wallet and ID.  I hope I never have to use mine.  But I will if I am forced to.  And I certainly am not looking forward to the possibility.  Not at all.

No comments: