When the doc looks you in the eye and basically delivers a death sentence, you can react in a couple of different ways. You can panic, which is a total waste of time, or you begin to get your affairs in order and talk to the ones you love, the ones that really matter. Instead of looking for their support, you offer yours, because theirs is the forthcoming loss.
You try to soften the blow and comfort them and let them know, help them realize, that they have the strength and fortitude to carry on in your absence.
It's not that hard. Death to me, is and always has been the last, great adventure, as I mentioned in a previous post. I have been gifted with various revelations throughout my life and I know with certainty that God, or whatever we conceive him to be, has my back. To me, the harassment, threats, betrayals, subterfuge and torture that I have been subjected to during the past 34 years is only another test I must pass to grow and mature as a spirit, as Sting put it in that old song, living in the material world.
Regardless of the outrages that have been directed at me by psychopathic, vengeful people, I have always maintained my unshakable faith in the eventual outcome.
As I told the doc yesterday, nobody gets out of here alive. We all deal with death in whatever fashion we choose. I do not proselytize. My faith is unshakable and indomitable. I will not be moved.
No comments:
Post a Comment