Sunday, August 12, 2012

"In the event of an imminent and otherwise unavoidable danger of death or great bodily harm to the innocent."

                                                            Massad Ayoob

That perfectly describes the only situation where I would use a firearm against another human being.

I was once put in that precise situation, when confronted by three punks who had exhibited the obvious intent to mug me.  Thankfully, I did not have to fire.  The simple fact that I was ready to, defused the situation.  That is exactly what I told the cops, and they said I did exactly the right thing.

I have had multiple opportunities to shoot someone who presented a threat.  Stalkers and useful idiots fit into the category of those with ominous intent, but who exhibit no imminent, direct threat to my life or physical welfare.  They can thank Satan, or whatever dark god they worship, that I am not a psychopath.  Otherwise, long ago there would have been blood on the ground.

No comments: